Friday, April 30, 2010

Dia Cinco

Well, back on the bikes for a little bit today, meaning I got us lost only once, and only for a short time.  The remnants of our band, Joe and Juanita, J. D., and I rode up the fabulous new toll road to visit the incredible mysterious ancient city of Teotihuacan (check the link the details and photos will be much better than anything I could describe or upload.  It was my second trip there, but I still couldn't wait to climb to the top of the Pyramid of the Sun and look down on all the amazement.


We all wandered and marveled for hours, and then J. D. led us around the back side of the park to a restaurant called La Gruta, or The Grotto, which is entirely situated inside a very large natural cave, perhaps a lava tunnel, which seats hundreds and hundreds of guests, and has been in operation since 1906.  Neat setting, and once again, delicious food.



I should digress a little and talk about the food on this trip. Even the most ordinary little cafes have served up sumptuous meals, and the nicer restaurants have been spectacular. I mean, really spectacular.  I don't even like mole sauce, but ordered chicken with mole poblano (Puebla style) last night in Puebla, and practically licked my plate it was so good.


I could go on and on and on, but won't.  Rest assured, we ain't feeling puny from hunger.

That's pretnear all for today, the ride was typical superhighway, and thankfully for some reason I didn't decide to crank it up to extreme extralegal speeds because for the first time ever, I mean EVER, we passed a Policia Federal cruiser who'd pulled two cars over and was waving a RADAR GUN!  Not all progress is seen as positive to all people.  I turned the cruise control on and settled back, worried that if J. D. had gotten a big fine while standing still, well....

Here's some pix of the Quinta Luna:

No comments:

Post a Comment